AVANT-GARDE BEER TASTING
1. In a small pot, bring pale ale, 2 tbs honey and 1 sachet agar-agar to a boil while stirring. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Pour cooled preparation into glasses of various shapes and sizes or into ice trays and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Delicately unmold, then set aside. Repeat this step with red and black ales (or make all three jellies at once to save time).
3. Preheat oven to 400 °f (200 °c). Slice baguette into croutons and brush with oil, then place on a baking sheet. slice onion into half-moons.
Bake croutons in the oven for 5-10 minutes. While you wait, heat butter in a small pan on medium heat, then cook onion in the butter with salt and 4. pepper for 2 minutes. Deglaze with 2 tbs (30 ml) beer.
5. Top each baked crouton with a few onion slices and a slice of cheddar and put back in the oven until the cheese has melted.
6. In a rectangular, flat-bottomed bowl, pour beer and sprinkle in soy lecithin. Then, using a hand blender, dissolve soy lecithin into the solution. Mix for 3 to 4 minutes, then let sit for 5 minutes.
7. To serve, collect foam with a spoon. To obtain more foam, repeat step 6.
8. Arrange jellies and cheddary croutons on cutting boards. Top jellies with foam and serve with a knife. Alternatively, simply serve foam-topped jellies with fresh croutons and cheese.