1 hour 25 min
Encapsulated Pina Colada
1. Pour the white rum, the dark rum, the sweetened coconut milk and the pineapple juice into a bowl. Using a spoon, mix in the CALCIUM LACTATE.
2. Pour the mixture into half-spherical molds and place in the freezer for 1 hour or until the spheres are completely frozen.
3. Using a hand blender, dissolve the SODIUM ALGINATE into the water and let sit for 5 minutes.
4. Remove the frozen piña colada spheres from the mold and place them in the sodium alginate bath. Let sit for 5 minutes. while stirring delicately with a spoon.
5. Using a slotted spoon, scoop out the spheres, rinse them in a bowl of water and remove excess moisture by blotting the bottom of the slotted spoon against a paper towel.
6. Combine maraschino cherry syrup and the SOY LECITHIN in a flat-bottomed rectangular bowl.
7. Using a hand blender, incorporate air bubbles into the solution for 3 to 4 minutes and let sit for 5 minutes. Scoop off the foam with a spoon.
8. Serve the piña colada spheres on top of the diced pineapple, garnished with cherry foam.