FRENCH NEW WAVE
1 hour 30 min
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Sift icing sugar and incorporate ground almonds. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs until stiff peaks start forming while gradually adding salt and sugar. Whisk until a thick, meringue-like consistency is obtained and add a drop or two of food colouring. Add in half of the icing sugar mixture and stir delicately with a spatula. Stir in the rest of the icing sugar mixture until homogenous. Adjust colouring if needed.
3. Using a pastry bag, pipe macaron batter buttons onto the baking sheet, leaving 2 inches (5 cm) between each button. Let sit for 30 minutes, then cook in the oven at 300 °f (150 °c) for 20 to 25 minutes or until shells are firm (make raspberry whipped cream and rose caviar while you wait). Let cool completely before serving (make rose icing and lime foam while you wait).
Raspberry Whipped Cream
4. Bring frozen raspberries, sugar and water to a boil while stirring. Simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat. Whisk the mixture, then, pour through a fine sieve and into a bowl. Let cool (make rose caviar while you wait).
5. Once cooled, whisk cream until stiff peaks start forming. Gently incorporate raspberry syrup. Refrigerate until serving time.
6. Bring rosewater to a boil and remove from heat. In a blender, combine with sodium alginate and let cool down at room temperature.
7. In a bowl, mix calcium lactate into water until fully dissolved. Using a pipette held at a 90° angle, drip droplets of the alginate preparation into the calcium lactate bath. Let sit for 3 minutes, then pour into a sieve above to sink to discard the calcium water. Rinse caviar and reserve in the refrigerator, in a little bit of rosewater.
8. In a bowl, using an egg beater, whisk together butter and sugar until smooth. Add in rosewater as needed to loosen the texture.
9. In a rectangular, flat-bottomed bowl, combine water and lime juice and sprinkle in soy lecithin. Using a hand blender, blend for 3 to 4 minutes, then let sit for 5 minutes. If needed and to obtain more foam, repeat this step.
10. Serve on dark-coloured plates. First, spread a bit of icing on each macaron and spread generously on each plate as well. Place iced macarons on plates, iced facing up. Top with a few raspberries and a piece of dragon fruit. Garnish each plate with whipped cream and lime foam. top lime cloud with rosewater caviar.