1 hour 20 min
Jasmine Tea Spheres
1. Bring water to a boil and remove from heat. Place tea bags in hot water and let sit for 5 minutes. While you wait for the tea to steep, place flowers in small, demi-spherical molds (1 to 2 flowers per demi-sphere).
2. In a bowl and using a spoon, combine jasmine tea, honey and calcium lactate until the calcium lactate has dissolved. Pour the mixture into prepared demi-spherical molds and let sit in the freezer for 1 hour or until the spheres are frozen.
3. In a rectangular, flat-bottomed bowl and using a hand blender, dissolve sodium alginate in water. Let sit for 15 minutes.
4. Unmold frozen tea spheres in alginate bath. Let sit for 3 minutes while gently stirring once in a while to prevent the spheres from touching.
5. Fill a medium-sized bowl with water. Using a slotted spoon, delicately collect the spheres and briefly rinse them in the water, then remove excess water from each sphere by applying a piece of paper towel on the bottom of the spoon. Reserve.
6. Fill clear glasses with tea, place 2 to 3 jasmine tea spheres in each glass, and serve.