MODERNIZED SAVOURY PARFAIT
Onion & Mascarpone Espuma
1. In a small pan, cook chopped onion in oil for 2 minutes. Season and reserve.
2. In a pot, warm cream on medium-low heat. Stir in mascarpone and onion and cook for 3 more minutes. Filter through a sieve to get rid of the onions as well as any clumps.
3. Pour filtered preparation into a culinary whipper. Shut the whipper, charge an N2O cartridge and shake for 5 seconds. Refrigerate the siphon for 30 minutes before serving.
4. First, remove stems from tomatoes and blanch them. Peel, seed and dice the tomatoes while keeping the red ones separate from the yellow ones. Place the red tomatoes in a mixing bowl and the yellow ones in another.
5. Finely chop shallot, halve capers and chop herbs. Divide all these between the two bowls and mix in well. season. In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolk, tabasco, worcestershire sauce, mustard and oil. Once again, divide between the two mixing bowls. Reserve.
6. Use a juicer to extract juice from radishes. Filter. Pour 1 ½ cups (375 ml) radish juice into a flat-bottomed, rectangular bowl. Sprinkle in soy lecithin. Using a hand blender, blend for 3 to 4 minutes, then let sit for 5 minutes.
7. To serve, collect foam using a spoon. If needed and to obtain more foam, repeat step 6.
8. Serve in clear glasses as pictured: first, a layer of espuma, followed by a layer of yellow tartare; second, another layer of espuma followed by a layer of red tartare; lastly, top with radish foam and one whole radish.