TRANSFORMED MUSHROOM PENNE
2 hour 50 min
1. Let the dried mushrooms, the cream and the salt and pepper simmer on low heat for 15 minutes. Remove from stove, cover with a lid, and let sit for 45 minutes covered with a lid.
2. Strain the contents through a sieve into a bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
3. Whisk the contents until a whipped cream consistency is reached, then transfer it to a pastry bag fitted with a very small tip. Set aside.
Whipped Mushroom Cream
Chicken Broth Penne
4. Bring the chicken broth, soy sauce and the AGAR-AGAR to a boil and continue boiling for 2 minutes while stirring. Remove from stove and let sit, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
5. Place the ice cubes in a large bowl, then fill with cold water. Place a metal rod into the water for 10 seconds.
6. Take the now-cold metal rod and place it in the broth for 4 seconds, then remove it and let it sit for 30 seconds.
7. Delicately remove the now-gelified broth cylinder from the metal rod and place it on a plate. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
8. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until enough gel cylinders are made. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
9. Sauté the mushrooms with butter in a pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
10. Slice the tip off of the chicken-broth cylinder into penne-shaped pieces. Using the pastry bag and a small tip, stuff the penne with the whipped mushroom cream. Serve the sauteed mushrooms on the plate alternately with the penne.